The Norfolk County Planning Department has announced the winners of the 2017/2018 Site Plan Awards:
- Ayanda MMC
- RT Respiratory Services Inc.
- The Good Bread Company
- Townsend Butchers
- Smart Centres – RMM Simcoe Property Inc.
The awards were presented at the Norfolk Arts Centre in Simcoe on November 8, 2018. The purpose of this night was to recognize the top 5 site plan applications from 2017/2018 which exemplify excellence in design principles. The site plans are assessed, but not limited to, the following types of design principles:
- Siting, orientation, scale and design within its context
- Overall design and relationship to the public realm
- Sustainability, adaptability or resiliency
- Assembly, quality and use of materials
- Urban design, architectural design, heritage and landscape design
- Healthy by design/walkability, active transportation, street connectivity, land use mix, density
For more information, contact Kayla DeLeye, Senior Planner, Norfolk County, at 519-426-5870 ext 1828.