Canada’s regional development agencies (RDAs) are one of the ways that the Government of Canada delivers on its Innovation and Skills Plan in the regions. RDAs across Canada deliver two common streams of programming to fuel economic growth through innovation and create more well-paying jobs for Canadians. These streams, along with tailored programming in each region, will foster the right environment to start and grow businesses and create the conditions for the development of strong, dynamic and inclusive regional innovation ecosystems across the country.
With $920 million in renewed funding provided in Budget 2018, FedDev Ontario is now accepting applications through the national Business Scale-up and Productivity stream and the Regional Innovation Ecosystem stream, as well as an additional Community Economic Development and Diversification stream.
These simplified funding streams are easy to navigate, and have been designed to meet the needs of our innovators, job creators and communities.
FedDev Ontario is looking for innovative projects in southern Ontario that will:
- Increase the number of high-growth firms.
- Strengthen key clusters and build on areas of regional innovation strength.
- Increase the commercialization of new and innovative technologies, products or processes.
- Increase business investments in the adoption/adaptation of leading-edge technologies.
- Create and maintain highly skilled jobs.
- Increase the value of exports.
- Promote inclusive growth and participation of traditionally underrepresented groups such as women, Indigenous and young entrepreneurs.
More info at feddevontario.gc.ca