The Province of Ontario has launched funding streams through its Jobs and Prosperity Fund.
Food and Beverage Growth Fund
The Food and Beverage Growth Fund provides funding for strategic investments that:
- help create sustainable jobs
- enhance innovation, productivity and market access
- strengthen supply chains in the food, beverage and bioproduct processing sectors
This fund is available for food, beverage and bioproduct processing projects across the province with more than $5 million in eligible costs.
Forestry Growth Fund
The Forestry Growth Fund provides funding for strategic investments in the forestry sector that:
- improve productivity and innovation
- enhance competitiveness
- support new market access
- strengthen supply chains and regional economies
This fund is available to manufacturers and processors of wood and forest biomass across Ontario, including saw mills, pulp and paper mills, secondary wood manufacturing, and bio-economy projects with at least $5 million in eligible costs.
New Economy Stream
The New Economy Stream provides funding for private sector organizations to:
- build innovation capacity
- improve productivity, performance and competitiveness
- increase access to global markets
This stream is available for projects with at least $10 million in eligible project costs. It is aimed at projects in Ontario’s key sectors, including advanced manufacturing, life sciences, and information and communications technologies.
Strategic Partnership Stream
The Strategic Partnership stream provides funding for industry partners that develop enabling technologies for Ontario’s priority sectors.
This stream is available for partnerships with at least $10 million in eligible costs. It focuses on technologies with the potential to transform multiple industries across Ontario.