The Norfolk County Planning Department hosted the very first Site Plan Recognition Night in November.
The purpose of this night was to recognize site plan applications from 2015/2016 which exemplify excellence in design principles, applications which went above and beyond.
The site plans are assessed, but not limited to, the following types of design principles:
- Siting, orientation, scale and design within its context
- Overall design and relationship to the public realm
- Sustainability, adaptability or resiliency
- Assembly, quality and use of materials
- Urban design, architectural design, heritage and landscape design
- Healthy by design/walk-ability, active transportation, street connectivity, land use mix, density
The winners of the 2015/2016 Site Plan Recognition include:
- Dover Wharf
- South Coast Dental
- Greenfield Dentistry
- Delhi Gas Station
More information about Norfolk County Community Planning.