- CanExport provides financial support for a wide range of export marketing activities.
- CanExport is open to any sector, with the exception of sectors for which other specific federal export development funding programs exist (e.g., agriculture and processed food, fish and seafood, and wine, beer and spirits are excluded from CanExport because companies active in these particular sectors and looking for export support are eligible to apply to AgriMarketing program).
- The program is open, with few exceptionsFootnote 1, to most Canadian SMEs looking at export markets worldwide. (See Is Your Company Eligible?)
- CanExport reimburses up to 50 percent of eligible expenses but requires that applicants match funds on a one-to-one basis.
- It is delivered by the Trade Commissioner Service (TCS) of Global Affairs Canada, in partnership with the National Research Council of Canada’s Industrial Research Assistance Program (NRC-IRAP); CanExport provides financial support for a wide range of export marketing activities.
Find out if your company is eligible here.