The Norfolk County Building Department reports that construction activity in the municipality is up 25% in the period from January to August 2019, compared to last year.
Construction values for the first eight months totaled $84.6 million, up from $67.8 million in the same period last year. Total number of building permits issued to the end of August was 975, up 27%. Total number of dwelling units constructed in the first eight months was 230, up 36%.
- Residential construction increased to $56.8 million (+29%).
- Commercial construction increased to $9 million (+48%).
- Agricultural construction decreased to $8.3 million (-22%).
- Industrial construction increased to $5 million (355%).
- Institutional construction decreased to $2.6 million (-26%).
- Miscellaneous construction, including tents and signs, decreased $1.6 million (-11%).
- Septic permits increased $1.3 million (+117%).
For more information about the Norfolk County Building Department, go here.