A series of major capital projects will commence in 2015, totalling over $50 million in investment by Norfolk County in public infrastructure. Some of the largest budget items include:
- Port Dover Wastewater Operations Upgrades: $8.5 million
- Port Dover Street Reconstruction: $6 million
- Rural Road Resurfacing: $5.4 million
- Delhi Water Filter Plant Upgrades: $3 million
- Bridge Rehabilitation: $2.5 million
- Waterford Street Reconstruction: $1.3 million
- Simcoe Wastewater Operations Upgrades: $1.3 million
- Delhi Street Reconstruction: $1.1 million
The 2015 Capital Budget is considerably higher than the $33.5 million 2014 Capital Budget, but is comparable to the $48.5 million 2013 Capital Budget.
During the past 3 years, 674 capital projects were completed at a total cost of $120.7 million and $11.1 million net under budget.
“This represents a solid track record by Council and Staff in planning, establishing budgets and managing capital projects,” said County Manager Keith Robicheau.
- More Info: Norfolk County’s Budget Information web page