Development Charge Exemptions
Norfolk County offers an exemption on Development Charges on the following types of development:
- Properties within a Central Business District
- Industrial Development
- Roofed Tourist Accommodation
- Temporary Structures (less than one year)
- Farm Help House Development
- Farming Business Development
- Greenhouses – Farm
- Greenhouses – Industrial
- Affordable Housing Publicly Funded
- Parking Garage
- Place of Worship
- Designated Brownfield Development
A development charge is a fee charged to new development to finance the cost of new growth-related capital facilities and infrastructure.
For more information, contact the Treasurer in Norfolk County’s Financial Services Department.