Norfolk County’s creative minds inhabit every corner of our great community. From millwrights to fabricators, engineers to artists, web developers to musicians, Norfolk County is blessed with many uniquely talented people.
Norfolk County is home to many winners of the Ontario Premier’s Awards and Minister’s Awards for Agri-Food Innovation Excellence:
- Alternative Land Use Services (ALUS)
- Blue Elephant Craft Brew House
- Blueberry Hill Estates
- Burning Kiln Winery
- The Cider Keg
- Debco Ginseng Ltd.
- Diniz Farming Ltd.
- J&S Judge Farms
- Kernal Peanuts
- Nightingale Farms
- Pristine Gourmet
- Purple Daze Lavender
- Spring Arbour Farm
- Wholesome Pickins
- YU Ranch
Entrepreneurs of the Year
We are so proud of our entrepreneurs that every year we name an Entrepreneur of the Year:
- Roulston’s Pharmacy
- Jeff Bouck, AtPlay Adventures
- Mike McArthur and Dave Pond, Burning Kiln Winery / Long Point Eco Adventures
- John Picard, Ramblin’ Road Brewery Farm
- Mark Stortini, David’s Restaurant – David’s On Tour
Sponsored by Venture Norfolk, young entrepreneurs are also celebrated here. Past winners include Garrett Reid of Long Point Tours, Cole Talbot of Iron Oak Designs and Jordan Stewart.
Creative Enterprise & Activity
Annex Business Media houses the most creative writers and publishers in Canada, printing dozens of unique specialty magazines for many economic sectors. Lighthouse Festival Theatre is a centre of excellence in theatrical production, offering professional shows and programming throughout the year. Community groups exhibit theatrical and musical talent at Simcoe Little Theatre, Waterford Old Town Hall, Backstage Capitol and La Salette Historic Church. Dance studios include Jo-Ann Adams School of Dance, Lisa Naves Dance Company and Port Dover Dance Academy. There are also many professionals, including communications and marketing consultants, management consulting firms, software developers, internet service providers and computer systems support consultants. There are many centres of creativity and heritage in Norfolk County: Delhi Tobacco Museum & Heritage Centre, Eva Brook Donly Museum, Norfolk Arts Centre, Norfolk Potters’ Guild, Port Dover Harbor Museum, Teeterville Pioneer Museum, and the Waterford Heritage & Agricultural Museum.
“The arts community here is so supportive and collaborative and that’s something I’ve learned is rare in many other communities.” – Clair Senko, Waterford Old Town Hall
Artists, Artisans and Musicians
- Bookbinding: Michael Keller
- Ceramics: Joanne Munzar, Joseph Panacci, Melissa Schooley, Lesley Starnes.
- Fabric: Florence Watkinson
- Glass: Merianne Fess, Carolyn Muir, Miia Virtasalmi.
- Metal: Mike Haskett, Cole Talbot
- Music: Atkinson Brothers, Ian Bell, Dave Bowen, Terry Danko, Cindy Dell, The Dharlings, Diesel Dog, Cath and Rory Dodd, Fred Eaglesmith, the Goodlets, Rachel Heart, Roy Kenner, Tia McGraff and Tommy Parham, Felicia McMinn, House Milner, Joey Muha of Threat Signal, Terry North, Duane Rutter, the Schotts, Shoeshine Boys, the Smiths, Whiskey for Robots, Jenna White
- Photography: Dixie Greenwood, Earl Hartlen, Larry Monczka
- Sculpture: Kathryn Hogg, Robert Tannahill, Garry Walker
- Visual Artists: Michael Barber, Sierra Barber, Liz Barrett-Milner, Susan Bennett, Vera Cline-Hayes, Carol Gerrett, Kit Julian, Robert Judd, Jen Lados, Sherry Lloyd, Ellen McIntosh-Green, Michelle Snively-Jefferies
- Wood: Ron Bezzo, Trevor Darbishire, Bruce “House” Milner, Harley Snively